Parking At Indianapolis International Airport
If you’re looking for Indianapolis International Airport parking, you’re in luck. AirportParking.com currently offers a single Indianapolis Airport parking option for reservation. This location, Indy Park Ride & Fly, offers a free shuttle to and from the airport, as well as affordable rates and amenities to match your airport parking needs, including a car wash. Moreover, there are tons of reviews about Indianapolis Airport parking experiences to help you make the best decision.
Travelers can also opt for airport-operated parking locations. The Indianapolis Airport parking garage is located near the terminal, while free shuttle service is provided to the Long-Term Lot or Economy Lot. Those picking up travelers at the airport can wait in the free cell phone lot, and drivers can choose one of two valet parking locations to park their vehicle. Additionally, all of the on-site airport parking lots offer assistance for your car, like jump starts or tire inflation.
IND Airport Guide
Indianapolis International Airport (IND), the largest airport in Indiana, is roughly seven miles away from the business area and about 15 minutes from downtown Indianapolis. While it serves as a commercial airport, IND is also the second largest hub for FedEx Express, right behind Memphis. With over 35 destinations to fly to and from, Indianapolis airport served around 7.5 million passengers in 2010.
The airport can be accessed from Interstate 70 (Exit 68), and is also near Interstate 465 - Interstates 65, 69 and 74 all connect to I-465. Passengers interested in taking public transit can take IndyGo bus service, which operates the Green Line express service from downtown. Buses depart every 20 minutes. IndyGo’s route 8 also serves the airport.
The new Col. H. Weir Cook Terminal opened to passengers in late 2008, and it appears so far that people using the facility are quite happy with it. In 2010, J.D. Power and Associates announced that Indianapolis Airport ranked highest among small airports for passenger satisfaction. In terms of flights, Indianapolis Airport offers service from a variety of carriers, including American, Delta, Southwest, United, and US Airways to many top destinations, including Boston, Los Angeles, New York, and Miami, plus international destinations like Toronto and Cancun.
All flights at the airport arrive and depart from one terminal with two concourses that are connected post-security:
- Delta flights depart from Concourse A, where the carrier also operates one of its Sky Clubs. Continental and United also use this concourse.
- Air Canada, AirTran, American, Frontier, Southwest, and US Airways use Concourse B.
- Shuttles coming from long term parking lots not located at Indianapolis International Airport will drop off and pick up passengers at their terminal.
- Local bus service is available to downtown Indianapolis and surrounding areas through IndyGo. Look for the Green Line for express service from the airport.
- IND offers a free cell phone lot for those waiting to pick up arriving passengers.
- Indianapolis Airport provides free Wi-Fi internet access available in all terminals.
Indianapolis International Airport: http://www.indianapolisairport.com/index.aspx
Indianapolis Airport Flight Tracker: http://www.indianapolisairport.com/flightStatus.aspx